“ A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
–Antoine de Saint-Exupery
“ If you don’t know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.”
A central premise of Lodestar’s investment philosophy is that no two investors are exactly the same, therefore no two portfolios should be exactly the same. Thus, we do not adhere to a model or “cookie cutter” approach. Rather, each account is custom managed based on the unique needs and considerations of the particular investor, as well as the investment opportunities available.
Our clients have differing goals, time horizons, and risk tolerances, thus portfolios we manage vary with respect to asset allocation and security selection. Setting clear and realistic expectations in order to achieve specific financial goals — while maintaining an acceptable level of risk — is essential to the planning and portfolio management process.
Your planning strategies may include the following elements and proven methods to preserve and grow money over time:
- Owning shares of high quality companies with solid business franchises that have temporarily fallen out of favor.
- Focusing on long-term growth of capital to offset the negative impact of taxes and inflation.
- Producing a growing income stream while protecting accumulated assets.
- Systematic and sustainable cash withdrawals to meet ongoing needs.
- Investment strategies that optimize the interplay between taxable “personal” portfolios and tax deferred ”retirement” accounts.
Commonly, our investment professionals work closely with our clients other advisers, including estate attorneys and tax accountants, to ensure that planning strategies are effectively and successfully coordinated.